Voters in Johnson chose to consolidate a number of village graded schools and high school in 1895. Construction of the first phase of the new school began on the present School Street site. The first graduating class in 1904 had three students. As more of the 17 one-room schools closed, an addition was added to the west-side of the building in 1911. Find more about public education in Johnson recorded in Gallery.