Business and Industry
Albert S. Nadeau Aggregate Business was established in 1945. The super structure was built out of wood timbers due to shortages following World War 2. All the metal parts, such as crushers, screens, water pipes, and bucket elevators were second-hand from scrap yards. The Village Electric Department installed electric wires and transformers. A complete plant replacement was undertaken in 1958. The plant continues to be family operated as Nadeau Sand and Gravel today. Learn more about the early history of business and industry in Johnson by checking the gallery.